Dr. Thomas W. Brown III, M.D., is a board certified orthopedic surgeon and has perfected surgical and nonsurgical medical treatment for musculoskeletal conditions, sports injuries, and arthritis. He is considered Chattanooga’s expert for hip, shoulder, and knee injuries.
Because Dr. Brown specializes in understanding all aspects of the joints, he can use surgical and nonsurgical methods to repair damage to the bones, cartilage, ligaments and tendons in any joint. At Chattanooga Center for Joint Replacement and Orthopedics, our specialists provide unmatched care for patients with joint pain, inflammation or injury. Our focus on excellent surgical results in superior patient experience and optimal recovery times.
An arthroscopy is a minimally invasive procedure to repair joints with little to no hospitalized recovery. Dr. Brown specializes in arthroscopically repairing and reconstructing shoulders and knees. The pen-sized arthroscope houses a camera used to view the joint space as Dr. brown fine-tunes, repairs and cleans the joint space (typically a knee or shoulder). An arthroscopy is common for sports-related injuries in order to repair or reconstruct torn ligaments and cartilage.
Other Surgical Procedures
Dr. Brown consults with you directly and offers optimal treatment solutions for just about any type of injury or arthritis. One common surgical procedure is known as an arthroplasty. An arthroplasty pertains to a partial or total joint replacement procedure. The scope of the procedure depends on the severity of the joint damage.
Please consider these topics and factors for recovery:
- Follow the Chattanooga Center for Joint Replacement and Orthopedics recovery guidelines
- Amount of damage from initial injury
- Age of patient
- Attitude toward friend or family caregiver affects attitude toward recovery
- Seek treatment from Chattanooga Center for Joint Replacement and Orthopedics sooner rather than later or injury can worsen
- Today’s recovery affects tomorrow’s recovery- stay on track and be positive.
- Exercise as instructed by Benchmark Physical therapy and Chattanooga Center for Joint Replacement and Orthopedics
- Reduce risky behavior/exercise by knowing your limitations until recovery is definitive.
Our number one priority is to allow you to achieve optimal health so you can excel in activities and live your life to the fullest.