Gouty Arthritis is typically caused by the presence of too much uric acid in the blood. The uric acid can, in turn, cause dense crystals to form in your joints. A Gout attack can be a very unexpected, sudden and painful experience, resulting from the buildup of these uric acid crystals and causing damage to the joint and tissue. Gout is common in toes, knees, ankles, hips and shoulders. However, Gout can degrade just about any of the major joints in the body. Severe symptoms can last days, in some cases weeks.
Common Symptoms and Signs of Gouty Arthritis
- Sharp pain in the joint
- Tender area of the joint
- Redness of or around the affected area
- Inflammation of the joint
- Sudden onset with remission (a period of time when no pain is felt)
When should you come to CSMO for treatment?
- If pain is consistently getting in the way of your daily functionality and/or sleep.
- If you are unsure why you experience periodic onsets of pain.
- If you have episodes of unexpected pain.
As Gout progresses, pain may become more severe. You may experience long periods of remission between onsets of pain. The first step in the healing process is to give us a call today.
We promise you’ll receive medical expert care to reduce your pain so that you can live your life to the fullest.